Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Bed-time prayers

Now that I'm working on a book of contemplative, intentional family prayers,
I thought I'd repost these prayers that I pray over my children...



This is what I pray over and for my children each night.
The words differ slightly for each child,
as each is unique in their call before God.
But they are,
I believe,
the words I've been given,
to speak over their lives.
The hope of my heart.
The burden of my mothering soul.

"May the Lord bless you and keep you,
May He make His face to shine upon you,
And give you peace."

Dear Jesus:
Thank you for this child,
we are so grateful for them.
Protect them as they sleep tonight
and stand guard over their life all the days of their life,
even when they are old and I am long gone, guard them.
Inhabit their dreams,
the dreams they dream when they sleep and when they are awake.
Speak their name,
so that they might know your voice,
and recognize it always as the voice of Love.
Give them wisdom and help them be good listeners,
to You and to us.
Make us wise, too, and help us be good listeners to You and to them as we parent them.
May they know we love them so so much.
We are so grateful for this gift of their lives.
Amen.

Followed by many kisses and end of day hugs.

What are some of the things you pray over and for your children? Please comment

No comments:

Post a Comment